- The Warranty Clerk is expected to:
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of Salinas Toyota;
- Process factory warranty claims accurately, timely and completely to achieve maximum financial organization and service efficiencies for the dealership;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful;
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
Reports to: Service Manager
- Ensure maximum productivity, customer service and cost control.
- Assure all warranty regulations are met as set by manufacturers and service contract companies through verification of coverage, ownership and service history.
- Communicate with manufacturers to ensure claims are matched, accurate and paid within time limits.
- Manage accounting discrepancies to ensure entries are accurate.
- Achieve customer service satisfaction standards for repeat business and referrals.
- Reconcile dealership accounting schedules to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Annually update policy and procedure manuals given by Manufacture.
- Perform all duties requested from management.
Operate with integrity.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace and outside the workplace when representing Salinas Toyota.
- Set an example of outstanding attendance, positive attitude, professionalism, including orderly and safe work environment.
- Communicate and resolve customer complaints.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Two years bookkeeping/office experience.
- Proficient knowledge of the warranty policies and procedures.
- Three years of experience in an auto repair facility.
- Work performed in an office and shop setting due to the location of dealership staff, and repair orders.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals and adhesives.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Required vision include close vision.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and good moral behaviors which promotes Salinas Toyota standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
- Compliance -- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
- Customer Service--the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through Salinas Toyota processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
- Ethics/Integrity -- the individual represents Salinas Toyota by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
- Oral Communication--the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing--the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality--the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability--the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security--the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and dealership management reserves the right to do so at any time. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
Salinas Toyota is a Equal Opportunity Employer.